The Episcopal Church had early beginnings in Greene County with the first service being held in 1886 under the direction of Reverend Herbert Edwards. In 1900 a preaching station was formed using the name of Holy Communion Mission. The congregation was small and after some years they purchased a lot with the intention of building a church. However in 1936 the lot was sold due to dwindling membership.
All Saints’ Mission was started in 1949 with the help of Reverend John Pettus of St. Mark’s church in Jonesboro. Services were held initially at First Christian Church and later moved to First Presbyterian Church. Bible studies were held in parishioners’ homes. In the early 1950′s a loan of $50,000 was obtained from the Diocese of Arkansas and a lot was purchased at 10th and Main Streets. Construction was begun on the church building with members of the mission doing much of the work. The early members of All Saints’ included Mr. & Mrs. Bill Trice, Dr. & Mrs. Alfred Maddox, Mr. & Mrs. Dean Roe, Mr. & Mrs. Herbert Farrell, Mr. & Mrs. Gordon Saylor, Mr. & Mrs. Owen Fitzgerald and Mrs. Nona Dixon.
In 1959 a parish hall was constructed. Over the years, All Saints’ has shared priests with other Episcopal congregations and has had several resident priest. An annual Lenten event in the community “Sermon and Soup: was begun in 1981 at All Saints’ and continues today in other churches.
In December 2002 a fire destroyed the parish hall and the church and office sustained smoke and water damage. We returned to First Presbyterian Church to hold our church services while rebuilding and restoring the church and parish Hall. After our church services several months of hard work, church activities resumed in our restored buildings. There are several self help groups from the community that also use the parish hall.